Thursday, October 18, 2007

RE: your DVD


Dear Judy,


After watching your new DVD from Page Sage, Millefiori Story, I have just one word to say - FABULOUS! Knowing me the way you do, you won't be surprised if I continue to blabber on though. Anyone working with polymer clay who's been intimidated by making canes is going to love this. You've made it so easy for them and even given them step-by-step projects so they can't say, "But what do I do with these canes after I've made them?" You might as well have just gone to their house and given them private instruction!

The 26 different canes are wonderful and I love the variety. You've even managed to include mica shift and a "dreaded" face cane. The gallery, of course, is incredibly lovely and I loved the bloopers, especially the fact that you actually belched on camera. Have you no shame?

As usual, Page Sage's sound quality, lighting, and camera angles, are of the highest caliber. A lot of hard work went into these 141 minutes and it certainly shows. I'm so excited for you and I know it's going to be a big success. I'll be recommending it to all my students.

Okay, enough gushing! Please deliver the lime green clock with the orange hands that I saw in the DVD to my house at your earliest convenience. It would look smashing in my studio!

See you soon,
Kim


4 comments:

Libby said...

That was one of the funniest and, yet, supportive reviews I have ever read. Thanks for the chuckle, now apparently I need to go shopping for a polymer clay dvd! lol

Unknown said...

I have yet to see this dvd, but my hopes & expectations are very high, knowing Judy.

I suspect it would be worth it for the belch alone . . .

Anonymous said...

Kim, my dear, thanks so much for the great "letter!" I'll be right over with a pina colada w/frng float - you get the umbrellas ready! Now, don't be mad, but I donated that clock to the St. Albans High School Show Choir Auction (on November 10 hint, hint) I'd be happy to take phone in bids! I am shameless....belch!

Lisa Clarke said...

In TOTAL agreement with your review! I reviewed it, too, as soon as I got my hot little hands on it a few weeks ago.