Monday, October 1, 2007

Autumn Inspiration


The leaves are changing color, there's a crispness in the air, and I'm feeling inspired. These beads are done with the technique I'm teaching at the Las Vegas Clay Carnival. I've strung them with silver spacer beads, oh-rings from Fire Mountain, and picture jasper donuts.

I've been stringing my newer bracelets on thick elastic cord and it's not easy to find spacer beads with holes large enough to accomodate the elastic. The oh-rings are great and come in a variety of colors and sizes.

Here's a trick I like to use to create a more finished piece. The elastic only comes in black or white so I use alcohol inks and rubber stamp re-inkers to dye the white elastic a color that coordinates with my bracelet beads. I just apply it with a sponge or brush.

Check out my Flickr site for new work coming soon.

No comments: