Monday, October 1, 2007

Going Dotty!



One of the best classes I've ever taken was a workshop with the marvelous Marla Frankenberg. When I first saw her dotty canes a few years ago during a demo at Shrinemont, I just loved them. And now, she's doing much more with them. They've become her trademark and she's incorporated them into most of her newest work. They create such wonderful movement and flow through all of her jewelry.

I'm excited to hear that one of her newest workshop offerings is based on caning with dots. The possibilities for this technique seem endless to me.

Marla will be teaching a week-long workshop at Arrowmont October 21- 27. For more info on what you'll learn, go to http://www.arrowmont.org/
You can email Marla for upcoming class information
and see more of her wonderful work here.





No comments: