Monday, August 18, 2008

Philly's got talent!


They also have a fantastic polymer clay guild, a great website, a blog, a Flickr site just for guild photos, an online newsletter, and 70 over-achieving members to keep it all running smoothly.

This beautiful hollow pendant was created by Martha Aleo, one of the guild's most active members, a very talented mixed media jewelry artist, and a fellow blogger.





Update: This striking jewelry set was made by Patty Pickup.

They have some wonderful show and tell photos from past meetings posted on their website. Unfortunately, I don't have a name to go with this lovely image or for the two below. If you're a member of the Philadelphia guild and/or the artist that created these, please leave a comment so I can fill in the blanks and you can be recognized for your artwork.






Update: The red tile box was created by Dr. Sarah Fisher, who also photographed these three items.

In addition to the Polydelphia Retreat that they host every year, the guild also sponsors several workshops with visiting instructors. I'm thrilled to be heading their way for a workshop the weekend of September 20-21, 2008. We'll have an actual class on Saturday and then on Sunday, I'll be their official "guest artist" and share lots of tips and techniques for creating rocks and beach stones. If you're a member of the guild (I really wish I lived closer!) or considering becoming a member, the price for a whole weekend of polymer clay fun and learning is shockingly reasonable and I'm hoping to see a lot of you there. For more information on joining the Philadelphia polymer clay guild or for registration details on my upcoming workshop, just go to the guild's website and follow the links.



Update: Gwen Agard is the talent behind this striking piece.

Don't forget, I need some names to go with these beautiful images. This one reminds me of aqua terra jasper, a stone that embodies the colors of water and sand. I may just have to claim it as my own if no one comes forward!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the red box may be DocSarah's from PCC, if not she has one similar. (I don't know her real name,lol)

Kim Cavender said...

Hi Wendy-
You must be referring to Dr. Sarah Fisher who is also the official cheerleader for the PAPCG, as well as a maker of beautiful things.

Kim Cavender said...

Sarah Fisher of the PAPCG hasn't been able to make a comment due to some technical issues with Blogger so I told her I'd pass this along and do an update.

From Sarah:

Yes, I can claim the box. I also did the photography for these pictures.



The turquoise pin (which is exquisite in person, front and back) was made by Gwen Agard.



The earrings and necklace are by Patty Pickup - I think she may have auctioned them off at our fundraiser and the recipient looked GREAT in them.



We do have a talented group, and we are looking forward to seeing you in September, Kim!