Friday, March 7, 2008

Quilted in Clay




My computer has decided to be extremely difficult today and I may just have to break out the Bailey's soon! But first, here's a slice from a gorgeous Celtic knot cane from Jennifer Patterson of Quilted in Clay, who also happens to be the winner of the pendant bails I'm giving away. The colors that she's used for this cane are just phenomenal! I really think I need a pendant like this. I have the perfect shirt to wear with it, too.


Jennifer, who is a full-time polymer clay artist, travels frequently to quilt shows and other venues to sell her work. She was recently given permission to duplicate quilt patterns designed by the late Ruby S. McKim. This pansy quilt design is one of her newest in the McKim line. Simply beautiful work!


In addition to being such a hard-working and talented artist, Jennifer has a wonderful blog which I read faithfully. She's also the talent behind the "Hidden Magic" technique which has become very popular in the past couple of years. You may have seen her article on the process in the Fall 2003 issue of Polymer Cafe. She has lots of wonderful things to share on her website, including a peek into her caning process and a tutorial on the Ohio Star cane.

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend and Jennifer, contact me here with your address so I can mail the bails out to you!

3 comments:

Jenny Patterson said...

Wow! Thanks Kim! I read your blog all the time too.

Artistgirl's Muse said...

Hi Kim!
Sorry I didn't make it to Synergy to see everyone it sounded like so much fun! I MUST make it next time.
I'm tagging you...feel no obligation to participate. I just tagged you because i love your blog!
A huge hug!
Debbie
http://artistgirlsmuse.blogspot.com/

Epin Accessories said...

Pretty great post. I simply stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I’ve really loved browsing your blog posts. In any case I will be subscribing for your rss feed and I am hoping you write again soon!
Cheap Beads