Saturday, September 29, 2007

Begin Where You Are . . .

I'm horrible at this. I don't want to sit down and figure out the great big mystery that is blogging, yet here I am. I love to write though, so perhaps this may not be as painful as I'm thinking it will be. Do I have anything valuable and worthwhile to share? My friends think I do. Of course, they're hoping I'll be a sarcastic smart-ass and write wildly funny observations so they can sit around laughing in a puddle of pee. At the risk of disappointing them, I've decided to make an effort to be relatively well-behaved.


So, where to begin? The first thing that pops into my head is, strangely enough, monkeys. I love them, especially the chimps. When I was a kid, I begged for a chimp. My parents were extremely uncooperative in regard to buying a monkey of any kind. Perhaps that explains my current monkey fixation. And apparently, I'm not the only one. How else to explain THIS?